If you are interested in joining the Brunswick Street Misison team please look at the current positions waiting to be filled.
DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
The Brunswick Street Mission, located in Halifax, seeks to inspire a better quality of life that addresses physical, emotional, practical and spiritual needs for those experiencing poverty. We achieve this by providing essential services to the community, while maintaining a commitment to addressing the root causes of poverty within the Halifax Region. Our essential services include, Trusteeship through the In-Trust program, Tax Program, Outreach, Clothing Centre, Food Bank and Breakfast Program.
Brunswick Street Mission is seeking a development and communications professional to join our team. The development and communications specialist will work closely with the Executive Director to optimize existing donor support, develop and implement a fulsome fundraising program and create promotional information to support and strengthen our charity brand.
- Develop and execute a plan in support of fundraising, including prospect research and donor relations, with emphasis on the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals, corporations, foundations, government, employee and community groups.
- Develop and execute a plan to support the promotion and communications of Brunswick Street Mission including expected analytics.
- Develop and execute special fundraising activities throughout the year.
- Manage the organization’s donor management system.
- Research and write general and program funding proposals/grants.
- Develop and execute a stewardship plan to support fundraising, including thank-you letters, newsletters, cards, letterhead, logo, media and speaking engagements.
- Maintain Brunswick Street Missions social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube, through the creation of engaging posts and videos.
- Provide reports, statistics, and information needed for the progress and growth of the fundraising program.
- Undergraduate Degree in public relations, marketing or business, or acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and outcomes-based environment.
- Emotional intelligence, and diplomacy working with donors, board members, teammates and volunteers.
Minimum Prior Related Experience:
- Ideally three years’ prior related experience, which may include experience in fundraising, client relations, professional sales, business development and marketing.
- Proven leadership and strategic thinking
- Demonstrated ability in development projects, activities and sales.
- Knowledge of donor databases, publication programs and video editing software.
Position: Full-time (40 hour/wk). Must be flexible to work occasional non-traditional work hours including morning, evenings or weekends based on need.
Application deadline: Send covering letter and resume to email@example.com by Monday, August 23, 2021 at 4pm