Volunteering at Brunswick Street Mission
Thank you to all the volunteers who offer us their time, talent, experience and muscles.
We have received a lot of interest in these positions from some incredible and capable people. Please give us some time to contact applicants as we work on filling the positions.
If you are looking for a volunteer position please take a look at the opportunities available with Brunswick Street Mission below. You can email your interest or questions to Jillian@BrunswickStreetMission.org.
Food Bank Volunteer
The Food Bank offers prepared food hampers as well as fresh and frozen food items to any qualified household. The Food Bank runs each Thursday. Brunswick Street Mission will ensure that all public health safety protocol are in place.
We are looking for someone who can support the program by:
- Receiving, unpacking and distributing food deliveries
- Keeping the food bank area clean and organized
- Restocking the food bank shelves
- Filling special requests, when possible, of incoming clients
Due to the responsibilities of this position we ask that volunteers be able to:
- Lift up to 40 pounds
- Be comfortable with the Google Translation program
- Helping people without judgement
The Breakfast Program serves a hot meal to anyone in need between 715am and 830am Monday to Saturday. We are currently seeking a regular volunteer for Wednesday mornings to cooked in our professional kitchen and serve our clients (currently a take-away meal).
We are looking for a volunteer can is comfortable:
• Cooking breakfast, using grill, warmers, oven and toaster
• Washing dishes and cleaning kitchen
• Serving take-away meals to all guests
We are looking for a volunteer who is able to commit to a long term position, Wednesday mornings. This position could also become the back-up to our kitchen coordinator, offering to cover vacation, of no more than 1 week at at time, throughout the year - training will be provided.
Volunteer Client Navigator
As a Volunteer Client Navigator you will be the first point of contact for any client or guest visiting or calling Brunswick Street Mission. We are open Monday through Friday between the hours of 9am and 2pm.
Volunteer Client Navigators are an important resource Brunswick Street Mission and the community members we serve. With safety protocol in place we welcome clients into our building to access programming.
We are looking for volunteers who are able to act as a Volunteer Client Navigator by:
- Answering the telephone, checking messages and, when appropriate, returning calls
- Assisting clients with completing tax returns
- Assisting clients with clothing requests
- Maintaining a clean and safe space
- Accepting clothing or food donations
- Being committed to working 1 day a week for a minimum of 3 months
*NOTE: Volunteers working Wednesday may be asked to help register Food Bank clients. Volunteers working Thursday will be working along side Food Bank volunteers and clients.
We are still looking for financial support, so if you are able, please consider making a donation today.
... to our Volunteers
Volunteers make a difference at the Mission each year, donating hundreds of hours to our programs. We thank these dedicated individuals because we know that with only a handful of employees, a majority of our accomplishments are achieved by those who give freely of their time, talent, skill, and enthusiasm.
From labour to leadership, volunteers make it all happen ... it could not happen without you...